Tennis @ TCRC
Members have access to 6 tennis courts and programs for all ages and skill levels. We offer a wide range of year-round group clinics for adults and juniors ranging from as young as five years old into competitive middle and high school aged players. Our highly rated Tennis Director is available for group or private instruction and is sure to up your game.
Tennis Court Hours
How To Reserve a Court
The court reservation system is built into our Membership Portal and requires a username and password in order to reserve a court.
Tennis Director: Monica Sgritta
Monica joined Three Chopt Recreation Club as Tennis Director in 2019. Originally from Romania, Monica is currently the Assistant Tennis Coach at Randolph Macon College where she oversees the men's and women’s programs. Monica has been a high level coach for over 10 years at both the college and club level, with stops at VCU, IPFW, UCONN, and the Stamford Yacht Club. Monica played collegiality at University of Oklahoma and also earned her Masters degree at IPFW. Monica and her husband, Stephen welcomed their first child, Nico, in March of 2018.
Monica is available for private and semi-private lessons. Please log-in to the member portal to view her availability and book your lessons.
You can even coordinate your own private clinic with your friends. For more details please contact Monica Sgritta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Sign Up for Private Lessons on the Portal
1. Go to the member portal and sign-in
2. Click "Scheduling" and select "Appointments"
3. Select the family member that you are booking a lesson for.
4. Under Appointment Categories select "Tennis Lessons" and select the appointment type based on the list above.
5. Click "View Monthly Availability" and select the time that works best for you.
6. Go to the cart and click "continue to checkout"
7. If signing up for a semi-private lesson and bringing a member or non-member with you, please add their name in the notes section.
8. Continue with payment and scheduling. Add your payment information and click "purchase now"
9. You will receive a confirmation email.
Non-Members are welcome to sign up for swim and tennis lessons, clinics and social events at the non-member rate. To request a non-member account on our portal, please fill out the portal access form. It may take 24-72 hours for your account to be created.
The USTA/Mid-Atlantic Section, one of 17 sections of the United States Tennis Association, is a not-for-profit organization committed to promoting tennis by offering quality recreational and competitive programs for people of all ages and abilities.